Pacific American Global University is designed to serve students in the heart of Los Angeles. Our mission is to ensure that all students have the tools and resources required to succeed. We are committed to student equity and to providing superior service. Additionally, we assist with questions about academics and your well-being.
You have come to a unique place dedicated to the glory of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Everything you read in this Catalog appears here for this purpose.
There are six reasons why certain regulations are expected of students:
- Moral decency: Some of the rules are meant to prevent moral and social problems as well as to promote Christian morality. To break the rules in this area indicates that one is succumbing to a spirit bent on evil.
- Spiritual growth: Some rules encourage good, Christian actions that should be characteristic of all believers. To break the rules in this area indicates that one is becoming disloyal to Christian principles.
- Personal discipline and accountability: Some rules are meant to aid the student in developing personal habits of self-discipline and accountability to authority and personal responsibilities. To break the rules in this area is for a student to cater to a self-seeking, self-centered will.
- Brotherly consideration: Some rules help the student enact love for one’s brother more than for oneself. To break the rules in this area is for a student to show blatant disregard for the feelings and needs of others.
- Academic excellence: Some rules are meant to encourage the student to place high regard on academic pursuits. To break the rules in this area is for the student to disregard why God called him and to offer God second-best efforts.
- Institutional effectiveness: Some rules concern operational procedures necessary for a college to function efficiently and effectively. To break the rules in this area indicates that the student probably does not appreciate the institution’s overall ministry.
We truly believe we have some of the finest students in the world, and we desire to see you molded into what God wants you to be. We long to see students with an undying commitment to be used for His glory. This condition will only come with you learning the importance of character, obedience, discipline, and integrity. For this reason, Pacific American Global University has structured the rules and regulations as laid out. Every rule stated can be attributed to one of, or a combination of, the six reasons listed above. The rules which govern the student life at Pacific American Global University are made with the best interest of our students in mind.
Notice of Student Rights and Responsibilities
Pacific American Global University is dedicated to supporting and maintaining an academic environment with values that include civility, dignity, diversity, education, equality, honesty, and safety.
When students choose to accept admission to Pacific American Global University, they accept the rights and responsibilities of its student body and are expected to uphold its previously stated values by maintaining a high standard of conduct.
Pacific American Global University has developed policies and procedures that outline specific standards to be followed and measures taken when handling its state of affairs. This Notice of Student Rights and Responsibilities aims to inform students that they are endowed with certain rights and are expected to conduct themselves appropriately. It does not replace the aforementioned policies and procedures nor constrain the procedures or guidelines outlined in those policies. As such, students are required to educate themselves on their rights and responsibilities by reading and confirming that they understand all student-related policies and procedures.
Standards of Conduct
The Pacific American Global University Standards of Conduct aim to stimulate each student and employee’s intellectual, spiritual, ethical, and emotional growth. Emphasizing each individual’s dignity in pursuing self-improvement and developing full personal potential (I Corinthians 10:24). The Standards of Conduct facilitate free competition and independent intellectual effort without tolerating dishonesty, cheating, or plagiarism in any form. Further, The Standards of Conduct create a climate of mutual trust, respect, and interpersonal concern where openness and integrity prevail (Romans 12:10, I John 4:21, I Peter 2:17, Hebrews 13:16-17).
Pacific American Global University expects all its students and employees to abide by the highest standards of morals and ethical behavior in harmony with its Christian philosophy and purposes (I Peter 1:15-16). Each Pacific American Global University community member should be familiar with and expected to adhere to and enforce the standards (Genesis 1:26-27, Romans 12:2, I Peter 1:15-16). It is assumed that each student who enrolls agrees and cooperates with the University’s Standard of Conduct governing student behavior (Philippians 3:17).
Improper conduct for which students are subject to discipline. False information to the University with prior knowledge, forgery, alterations, or misuse of any Pacific American Global University documents violates this principle. Pacific American Global University reserves the right to refuse admittance to or to suspend any person who violates these principles.